About Wurl, Inc.
Since 2017, Wurl has been on a mission to make TV better for everyone. Today, Wurl is the world leader in powering streaming TV. Our video distribution and advertising services reach over 250 million connected TVs, delivering hundreds of millions of hours of TV viewing and millions of individually targeted ads. Wurl’s innovative, market-leading technologies enable content companies, streamers, and advertising to continually reach new viewers and grow revenue.
Director, Advertising UK (AdPool/Demand Pool) - Remote
There is no question that the world has already cut the cord and is streaming its TV online. This shift in how we all watch our content has shifted how the entertainment industry targets, reaches and measures advertisements. In the middle of the supply and demand of the streaming world, Wurl has positioned itself to be a unique data provider to the entertainment industry. Wurl’s AdPool Perform leverages data from millions of viewers across CTV and predicts what viewers most want to watch. This highly engaged audience is then delivered individually targeted ads for a new level of advertising, CTV has never seen.
Wurl is looking for an experienced Director of Advertising who can partner with Content Providers and Agencies, Brands, and major DSPs/SSPs to grow both the revenue for content providers as well as add to a massive pool of 500M+ 30-second avails monthly.
Director, Advertising, reporting to the VP, Advertisement, is a strategic sales leader, responsible for generating the ad sales revenue across Europe, hire, and manage a European team of account managers as well as own the operations, behind Wurl’s growing portfolio of supply and demand partners for AdPool and Demand Pool across Europe. This role works across both supply and demand channels in Europe, maximizing the impact of both the scale of AdPool inventory maximizing the quality and high revenue returns from AdPools demand partners. This direct sales-focused role that will work with agencies and holding companies to tap into our massive scale of inventory. Ideally, you have worked in CTV and thrive in the creative, fast-paced, and autonomous culture that comes with a start-up in its maturing growth phase. This role is an incredible opportunity to generate a huge impact and be an industry leader in an exploding industry.
- Experience fostering strong relationships with Content Providers and Streamers
- Strong analytical capabilities and consultative sales skills, and a deep understanding of technology-enabled advertising
- Full responsibility and accountability for bringing new demand partners, new demand deals/IO, across Europe.
- Manage existing demand partners and supply partner relationships
- Expand Supply with existing VP and VS customers
- Responsible for leading the development of comprehensive media strategies for AdPool that drive market awareness
- Outreach and relationships with key 3rd-party partners: Developing an ongoing relationship with representatives from various 3rd-party demand partners to drive Wurl’s business and AdPool product goals.
- Develop and maintain healthy, productive, working relationships across the business
- Define product initiatives with a clear definition of goals, risks, dependencies, and assumptions, overall approach, and requirements with acceptance criteria.
- Product Planning: Defining the product goals, strategies, and roadmap plans for AdPool Products (Demand Pool, AdPool X) and ensuring prioritization on the Roadmap.
- Set business goals and maintain monthly financial results and projection plan
- Organizational Structure and Hiring: Building and executing an appropriate team staffing and hiring plan that includes roles and responsibilities to achieve team goals.
- Package inventory to focus on core audience requested in the media sales market
- BA/BS; MBA preferred
- 10-15 years of work experience with at least 7 years of marketing experience required; Agency experience is a plus.
- 3+ years selling in the CTV Industry
- A creative storyteller who can motivate customers through insight-driven communications
- Balance analytics with creativity, managing KPIs and speak knowledgeably on digital metrics as well as understand financial business objectives and translate those into action for teams.
- Ability to influence and inspire internal and external leadership and stakeholders to take appropriate risks.
- Experience negotiating contracts for demand and supply partners
- Coach capability to inspire, engage and develop talent. Must have experience directly managing teams.
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to influence and inspire others is required
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to interface directly with C-level Executives
- Project manager at the core: drive agendas, meet deadlines and work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Build, lead, and motivate a high performing sales team
- Create, manage, and scale a revenue pipeline with advertisers, agencies, and supply partners
- Create, aggressively pitch, close new business and exceed sales targets by using a robust solution-based sales approach
- Represent the sales organization as a senior presence in the broader advertising market
- Drive results in a fast-paced, resource-conscious environment with a creative style and a strong vision
- Work with the product & AdOPS AdTech team to continue to develop and enhance sales messaging and collateral to highlight Wurl and AdPool’s unique benefits
- Communicate vision and strategy effectively with potential and current customers/partners
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
What We Offer
Wurl provides a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life/disability insurance, 4 weeks of paid time off, 10 paid holidays, 401(k), flexible schedules and HSA. We are a fun, creative and collaborative remote work environment, headquartered in Palo Alto, CA. We live our values everyday in how we work with one another and support our clients. Wurl is truly a unique place to learn, create and have a daily impact on millions of people every day.
Our promise to you
Few companies will allow you to thrive like you will at Wurl. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the industry’s brightest minds and most innovative thinkers. You will enjoy ongoing mentorship, and you will understand what we mean by “human connection.” You will be proud to say you’re a part of the company revolutionizing TV.