About Wurl, Inc.
Since 2017, Wurl has been on a mission to make TV better for everyone. Today, Wurl is the world leader in powering streaming TV. Our video distribution and advertising services reach over 250 million connected TVs, delivering hundreds of millions of hours of TV viewing and millions of individually targeted ads. Wurl’s innovative, market-leading technologies enable content companies, streamers, and advertising to continually reach new viewers and grow revenue.
Director, Channel Operations
The Director, Channel Operations position will report directly to the VP of Operations and is responsible for managing and supporting the teams that handle all channel launch and scheduling operations within the Wurl Network. This role oversees the Onboarding, Launch Operations, Content Operations and Channel Scheduling teams, along with Channel Operations Associates. The Director, Channel Operations serves as an escalation path for both internal teams, as well as our customers to ensure launches move forward as scheduled and that channels within the Scheduling service are excellently maintained. In addition, this role is responsible for optimizing processes and for further streamlining internal and external workflows.
This role is crucial for the daily operations of our channel launch teams and the overall success of the global distribution strategies at Wurl. The position is perfect for someone who loves a challenge working alongside amazing and brilliant people!
- Lead team of managers who oversee critical departments within the Operations organization: Onboarding, Launch Operations, Channel Scheduling and Content Operations
- Oversee the team of Channel Operations Associates, who contribute across the entire Channel Operations team
- Maintain regular cadences internally with the team, both as a group and individually to promote growth and sense of camaraderie
- Collaborate with multiple internal teams, within Operations and beyond to ensure workflows are optimized across the company
- Act as an advocate for the Channel Operations team by working closely with Product to develop tools that will assist the teams to scale
- Act as a point of escalation for the managers of the Onboarding, Launch Operations and Channel Scheduling teams
- Architect and build hiring plans to reflect the growth of the company and to balance the workload of the Channel Ops teams
Our ideal candidate has directly relevant experience in a similar role and a similar type of company. In addition they should also possess the following skills/traits:
- 4+ years leading a team of managers who each have 4 or more direct reports
- 7+ years experience in project management or technical operations in the digital video delivery space
- Experience growing and managing teams in a startup environment is preferred
- Top-notch problem solving and project management skills, with a knack for finding the solution by collaborating with both internal and external teams
- Comfortable with asserting requirements and deadlines internally and with the customer
- Strong understanding of streaming video specs including video codecs, closed caption formats and stream output types
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
What We Offer
Wurl provides a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life/disability insurance, 4 weeks of paid time off, 10 paid holidays, 401(k), flexible schedules and HSA. We are a fun, creative and collaborative remote work environment, headquartered in Palo Alto, CA. We live our values everyday in how we work with one another and support our clients. Wurl is truly a unique place to learn, create and have a daily impact on millions of people every day.
Our promise to you
Few companies will allow you to thrive like you will at Wurl. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the industry’s brightest minds and most innovative thinkers. You will enjoy ongoing mentorship, and you will understand what we mean by “human connection.” You will be proud to say you’re a part of the company revolutionizing TV.