About Wurl, LLC.
Wurl is a global streaming network. Our B2B services provide streamers, content companies, and advertisers with a powerful, integrated network to distribute and monetize streaming television reaching hundreds of million of connected televisions in over 50 countries. This year Wurl was acquired by AppLovin (Nasdaq: APP), an industry-leading mobile marketing ad tech company, bringing together the technology and innovation of the mobile and television industries. With the merger, Wurl employees enjoy the best of both worlds: the dynamic environment of a 160+ person start-up and the stability of a high-growth public tech company.
Wurl is a fully-remote company that has been recognized for the second year in a row as a Great Place to Work. Wurl invests in providing a culture that fosters passion, drives excellence, and encourages collaboration to drive innovation. We hire the world’s best to build a bunch of cool stuff on an interface fully integrated with their own from streaming, advertising and software technology to continue to help us disrupt the way the world watches television.
Director, Kids, Animation & Education Partnerships
We are hiring a Director for Kids, Animation and Education to help us create and move deals through the pipeline and support our overall business development strategy. This role will handle inbound leads for potential customers but will primarily work proactively to attract new large-scale partners through networking with existing relationships and building new relationships. The Director will be focused on signing new and expanding relationships with large-scale accounts including Kids and Young Adult Entertainment, Animation Studios, Educational content companies and institutions. In addition to securing new clients and projects, this role will advocate internally for the general entertainment customer segment when it comes to product roadmap and monetization decisions.
What You'll Do
- Identify, initiate, and forge new relationships/deals in order to grow Wurl’s partner network and influence in the Kids, Animation and Education Category
- Increase the visibility of Wurl’s capabilities and the FAST opportunity through client meetings and events
- Serve as the main partnerships contact for both outbound and inbound opportunities in the space
- Regularly converse with our clients via email, phone, Zoom and in-person meetings
- Evaluate opportunities based on the appropriateness to the Wurl portfolio
- Educate and train clients on best practices and market insights
- Liaise with multiple stakeholders across the organization, including Content Operations, Engineering and Product, to help establish Wurl’s strategic direction for the segment
- Consistently research prospective clients, new technologies, and market landscapes
- Manage pipeline via our CRM (salesforce.com), deal flow via our account management tools (Ironclad, Asana, etc.) and regularly update the Sales and leadership teams on status via ad hoc methods as well as weekly pipeline calls
- Drafting and managing Proposals, including leading negotiations to successful deal closure
- Coordinate and collaborate with other members of the strategic accounts, sales and business development team to maximize market effectiveness and profitability
- Other responsibilities as needed
Our ideal candidate has directly relevant experience in a similar role and a similar type of company. In addition, candidates should also possess the following skills/traits:
- Bachelor’s degree (4-year) is required. MBA preferred but not essential
- 7+ years of Business Development/Sales and/or Product Management experience in Digital Video Publishing and/or online broadcasting in Entertainment or Media; successful quota carrying experience is a huge plus
- 2+ years of experience within the (virtual)MVPD/OTT/CTV space, demonstrating a firm grasp of the industry
- Experience and strong, current relationships with segment entities (studios, media companies, content rights holders, educational outlets, etc.) and adjacent media networks across the globe are critical
- Self-starter with the ability to independently manage multiple ongoing projects; ability to execute to MBOs/OKRs
- Ability to be a team player and communicate, collaborate and work effectively as part of a fast-paced and highly intelligent team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required, as well as experience presenting in public settings
- Superior task management skills with a passion for proactivity and organization
- Ability to utilize CRM tools (Salesforce a plus) as well as Google Slides, Excel, Zoom and other programs which may be helpful
- Possess an ingrained passion for solving customer challenges by uncovering needs, recommending solutions and successfully selling that solution to our customers
- Commitment to offering excellent customer service through immediate follow-up and problem-solving
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Strong Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits, 90% paid by Wurl
- Remote First Policy
- Flexible Time Off
- 12 US Holidays
- 401(k) Matching
- Pre-Tax Savings Plans, HSA & FSA
- Ginger, Aaptiv and Headspace Subscriptions for Mental and Physical Wellness
- OneMedical Subscription for 24/7 Convenient Medical Care
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave for All Family Additions
- Discounted PetPlan
- Easy at Home Access to Covid Testing with empowerDX
- $1k Work From Home Stipend to Set Up Your Home Office
Few companies allow you to thrive like you will at Wurl. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the industry’s brightest minds and most innovative thinkers. You will enjoy ongoing mentorship, team collaboration and you will understand what we mean by ‘human connection”. You will be proud to say you're a part of the company revolutionizing TV.
At Wurl, we value work-life harmony and believe that family and mental health should always come first. Our team is fiercely passionate and contagiously enthusiastic about what we are building. While we are seeking those who know our industry, there is no perfect candidate and we want to encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all requirements.