About Wurl, LLC.
Do you want to help grow an incredible entertainment and ad tech company with a fantastic culture, collaborate and grow your career, while working remotely?
Wurl is redefining TV through our mission of connecting all the world’s programming with all the world’s viewers. And in pursuit of this, Wurl has become the world leader in powering streaming TV. Our industry-leading platform helps renowned media companies such as A+E Networks, AMC Networks, BBC Studios, Bloomberg, CNN, Reuters, and Sony create streaming TV channels and deliver programming to the world’s biggest Streamers, including Amazon, Roku, Samsung TV Plus, LG, VIZIO, and Rakuten. Today, Wurl interconnects over 1200 streaming channels and Streamers, reaching more than 300 million connected TVs in over 50 countries. The Wurl Network makes it effortless for Content Companies to build global distribution for branded FAST channels, live events, and on-demand programming, as well as manage and monetize their ad inventory.
We're an entertainment tech startup with 160+ team members across the world. We've been recognized as a “Great Place to Work" after the first two years by fostering an inclusive and mission-driven culture. In addition to RSU's and great benefits, our people work remotely.
Business Development Manager, Europe - Germany, Austria, Switzerland Region (DACH)
We are hiring a Business Development Manager, to help us create and move deals through the pipeline and support our overall business development strategy, specifically with adding new Content Companies (FAST channels) in the DACH region to the European Wurl Network. This role will handle both outbound and inbound leads for potential customers but will primarily work proactively to find and sign up new channels/partners within the targeted markets in Europe.
The Business Development Manager, Europe - DACH will report to and work with the Senior Director of Business Development - Europe, as well as colleagues in Business Development and other departments
The role would be based in the UK but with regular travel to the region. Ideally we are looking for a fluent German speaker with strong media and TV connections in the region
What you'll do:
- Identify Streamers within targeted German speaking native/European (DACH) territories that fit Wurl business strategies and secure agreements with those channels.
- Identify, initiate, and forge new relationships/deals in order to grow Wurl’s partner network and influence
- Increase the visibility of Wurl’s possibilities & capabilities through client meetings and events
- Serve as sales contact for both outbound and inbound opportunities with target companies in the region
- Regularly converse with our clients via email, phone, Zoom and in-person meetings
- Evaluate and review opportunities with Wurl’s BD and executive team based on the appropriateness to Wurl business strategies
- Educate and train clients on best practices and market insights
- Maintain relationships with existing clients and identify and close follow-on opportunities
- Liaise with multiple stakeholders across the organization, including Content Operations, Engineering and Product, to help establish Wurl’s strategic direction based on client feedback
- Consistently research prospective clients, new technologies, and market landscapes
- Manage pipeline via our CRM (salesforce.com) and regularly update the business development and leadership teams on status via ad hoc methods as well as weekly pipeline calls
- Regularly update sales enablement materials and create custom decks for various pitches
- Drafting and managing Proposals, including leading negotiations to successful deal closure
Our ideal candidate has directly relevant experience in a similar role and a similar type of company. In addition, candidates should also possess the following skills/traits:
- Fluent German language, ideally native speaking
- Bachelor’s degree is required. MBA preferred but not essential
- 4+ years of Business Development/Sales and/or Product Management experience in Digital Video Publishing and/or online broadcasting; successful quota carrying experience is a huge plus
- 2+ years of experience within the (virtual)MVPD/OTT/CTV space
- Experience, in-depth market knowledge and strong, current relationships with video service platforms in Europe is critical
- Self-starter with the ability to independently manage multiple ongoing projects; ability to execute to MBOs/OKRs
- Experience writing and delivering customer proposals (Word and Keynote) and answering RFIs
- Ability to be a team player and communicate, collaborate and work effectively as part of a fast-paced and highly intelligent team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required, as well as experience presenting in public settings
- Superior task management skills with a passion for proactivity and organization
- Ability to utilize CRM tools (Salesforce a plus) as well as Keynote, Excel, Zoom and other programs which may be helpful
- Possess an ingrained passion for solving customer challenges by uncovering needs, recommending solutions and successfully selling that solution to our customers
- Commitment to offering excellent customer service through immediate follow-up and problem-solving
- Ability to travel where in-person meetings are critical to closing the deal (together with selected industry events and other Wurl strategic business)
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary & Equity
- Pension Matching
- Remote first policy
- 25 Annual Holiday Leave Days
- Private Medical Insurance
- $1k Work From Home Stipend to set up your Office
Few companies allow you to thrive like you will at Wurl. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the industry’s brightest minds and most innovative thinkers. You will enjoy ongoing mentorship, team collaboration and you will understand what we mean by ‘human connection”. You will be proud to say you're a part of the company revolutionizing TV.
At Wurl, we value work-life harmony and believe that family and mental health should always come first. Our team is fiercely passionate and contagiously enthusiastic about what we are building. While we are seeking those who know our industry, there is no perfect candidate and we want to encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all requirements.