About Wurl, Inc.
Since 2017, Wurl has been on a mission to make TV better for everyone. Today, Wurl is the world leader in powering streaming TV. Our video distribution and advertising services reach over 250 million connected TVs, delivering hundreds of millions of hours of TV viewing and millions of individually targeted ads. Wurl’s innovative, market-leading technologies enable content companies, streamers, and advertising to continually reach new viewers and grow revenue.
VP of Business Development, Americas
The VP of Business Development, Americas will create and drive business and support overall company strategy. This leadership role will primarily work to support the BD team to proactively attract new large-scale and smaller-scale customers through networking with existing relationships and building new relationships. The VP of Business Development, Americas will report to the SVP Worldwide Business Development. In addition to securing new clients and projects, this role will maintain and nurture relationships of existing accounts.
- Proven ability to find new potential customers and win their business
- Lead and drive an ever-expanding BD sales team to maintain a robust sales pipeline and help team win new customers, successfully bringing new Agreements to signature
- Support the BD team to develop strong strategies for market domination of Tier 1 and Tier 2 content companies identified as critical to Wurl’s success
- Serve as sales team escalation point for issues relating to business opportunities
- Evaluate opportunities based on the appropriateness to the Wurl portfolio
- Educate and train potential clients on best practices and market insights, leading them to enter the FAST market segment with Wurl as their technology partner
- Maintain relationships with existing clients through Quarterly Business Reviews and regular update meetings, identify and close upsell opportunities
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders across the organization, including Content Operations, Engineering, and Product, to establish Wurl’s strategic direction based on client feedback
- Consistently research prospective clients, new technologies, and market landscapes
- Create budget sales forecast and meet or exceed quarterly and yearly sales goals
- Manage pipeline for the BD department via our CRM (salesforce.com) and regularly update the SVP and other leadership teams on status via ad hoc methods as well as weekly pipeline calls
- Regularly update sales enablement materials with marketing and create custom decks for various pitches
- Drafting and managing Proposals, including leading negotiations to successful contract execution
- Meet weekly with direct reports in 1:1 meetings, set quarterly OKRs, hold quarterly performance assessment meetings, conduct annual reviews and insure that other team leaders do the same
- Assist in creation and management of annual AIP program
- Identify several key Tier 1 accounts and personally drive them to closure
- Serve as BD spokesperson to SVP and other members of the Wurl leadership team
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree, required.
- MBA, preferred
- 15+ years of Business Development/Sales; successful quota carrying experience, preferred
- 10+ years of experience in successfully managing a BD/sales team, required
- 3+ years of experience within the (virtual)MVPD/OTT/CTV space, demonstrating a firm grasp of the industry, required
- Exceptional sales skills, with a proven track record in driving sales from start to finish
- In-depth sales experience in North American and Latin American markets
- Experience and strong, current relationships with studios, TV networks and digital first networks are critical, with a robust list of existing high-level industry contacts
- Self-starter with the ability to independently manage multiple ongoing projects; ability to execute to MBOs/OKRs
- Experience writing and delivering customer proposals (Word and Keynote) and answering RFIs
- Ability to be a team player and communicate, collaborate and work effectively as part of a fast-paced and highly intelligent team
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required, as well as experience presenting in public settings
- Superior task management skills with a passion for proactivity and organization
- Ability to utilize CRM tools (Salesforce a plus) as well as Keynote, Excel, Zoom and other programs which may be helpful
- Possess an ingrained passion for solving customer challenges by uncovering needs, recommending solutions and successfully selling that solution to our customers
- Commitment to offering excellent customer service through immediate follow-up and problem-solving
- Ability to manage sales globally, as well as hiring, training, and managing other Business Development team members
What We Offer
Wurl provides a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life/disability insurance, 4 weeks of paid time off, 10 paid holidays, 401(k), flexible schedules and HSA. We are a fun, creative and collaborative remote work environment, headquartered in Palo Alto, CA. We live our values everyday in how we work with one another and support our clients. Wurl is truly a unique place to learn, create and have a daily impact on millions of people every day.
Our promise to you
Few companies will allow you to thrive like you will at Wurl. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the industry’s brightest minds and most innovative thinkers. You will enjoy ongoing mentorship, and you will understand what we mean by “human connection.” You will be proud to say you’re a part of the company revolutionizing TV.