About Wurl, Inc.
Wurl, the world leader in powering streaming TV, interconnects over 1200 streaming channels from the world’s top content companies with the leading streaming distribution services in over 50 countries. The Wurl Network platform helps leading studios such as A+E Networks, AMC Networks, BBC Studios, Bloomberg, CNN, Reuters and Sony, deliver programming to the biggest streaming platforms, including Amazon IMDb TV, LG, Roku, Samsung TV Plus, Rakuten, Twitch, and VIZIO, while maximizing monetization. Reaching over 300 million connected TVs around the globe, Wurl makes it effortless for content companies to build and track global distribution for branded linear channels, live events, and on-demand programming to manage and monetize their ad inventory.
We're an entertainment tech startup with 160+ team members across the world. We've been recognized as a “Great Place to Work" after the first two years by fostering an inclusive and mission-driven culture. In addition to stock options and great benefits, our people work remotely.
Business Development Associate–Streamers
We are hiring a Business Development Associate to help us manage the partnerships with our video content streamers (“Streamers”), help move deals through the pipeline and support our overall business development strategy. The Business Development Associate will initially report to the Director of Business Development, Streamers, and work closely with our sales and operations team in identifying appropriate content creators to launch on those platforms. This role will support the securing of new platforms, as well as maintain and nurture relationships of existing platforms. This is a unique opportunity to be in the center of the streaming industry and how the world is consuming entertainment.
- Maintain relationships with existing clients and identify and close follow-on opportunities
- Regularly converse with our clients to keep them updated on new channel distribution opportunities
- Identify potential upsell opportunities for existing customers and communicate leads to Business Development team members Help establish Wurl’s strategic direction based on client feedback
- Help establish best practices for internal communications between the Business Development team in order to facilitate closing more business opportunities
- Serve as sales contact for both outbound and inbound opportunities with Streamers
- Consistently research prospective clients, new technologies, and market landscapes
- Manage pipeline via our CRM and regularly update the business development and leadership teams on status via ad hoc methods as well as weekly pipeline calls
- Regularly update sales enablement materials and create custom decks for various pitches
- Help identify Streamers within targeted territories that fit Wurl business strategies and secure agreements with those platforms.
- Help identify, initiate, and forge new relationships/deals in order to grow Wurl’s partner network and influence
Our ideal candidate has relevant experience in a similar role and a similar type of company. In addition, candidates should also possess the following skills/traits:
- 2+ years of Business Development/Sales , Partner Management, and/or Product Management experience in Digital Video Publishing and/or online broadcasting
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in or knowledgeable about the (virtual) MVPD/OTT/CTV space
- Self-starter with the ability to independently manage multiple ongoing projects; ability to execute to MBOs/OKRs
- Ability to be a team player and communicate, collaborate and work effectively as part of a fast-paced and highly intelligent team
- Superior task management skills with a passion for proactivity and organization
- Possess an ingrained passion for solving customer challenges by uncovering needs, recommending solutions and successfully selling that solution to our customers
- Commitment to offering excellent customer service through immediate follow-up and problem-solving
- Collaborative, Passionate Customer Advocate and Highly detailed/organized
- Bachelor’s degree (4-year) is required.