About Wurl, Inc.
Since 2017, Wurl has been on a mission to make TV better for everyone. Today, Wurl is the world leader in powering streaming TV. Our video distribution and advertising services reach over 250 million connected TVs, delivering hundreds of millions of hours of TV viewing and millions of individually targeted ads. Wurl’s innovative, market-leading technologies enable content companies, streamers, and advertising to continually reach new viewers and grow revenue.
Solutions Architect (Remote):
The Solutions Architect will have both customer-facing and internal-facing roles. The ideal candidate will have experience designing, building and operating reliable and secure Internet-scale platforms.
Externally, the Solutions Architect will be responsible for designing and presenting technical solutions for clients’ needs. This role will represent the engineering and product teams during the sales cycle, helping create, present, and articulate technical solutions, answer integration questions from prospective clients, and provide technical post-sales support. The solution architect will also deliver reference architecture of proof of product/concept demonstrations to educate Wurl’s customers about the state of the art of what’s possible.
Internally, the Architect will present proposed solutions to Product and help the onboarding of new infrastructures/customers/solutions.
- Suggest, create, and execute proof-of-concept architectures for testing, architecture-verification, customer integration, etc.
- Resolve technical issues related to proofs-of-concept architectures or newly created/proposed infrastructures.
- Partner with sales executives to plan, prepare, and demo strategic deals in complex sales cycles, actively participating in BD/client meetings as the solutions/strategy lead.
- Navigate the complexities of client partnerships throughout the sales process, including the elements of implementation and advertising integration.
- Act as the technical liaison during the handoff from sales to onboarding.
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers and become their trusted advisor supporting their project’s success.
- Capture market intelligence from pre-sales interactions to support the product team’s development roadmap.
- Help identify client-specific value propositions and work with BD to shape Wurl’s strategy; define the appropriate story and positioning for the market/target audience for the adoption of Wurl’s technologies.
- Author /contribute to Wurl customer-facing publications, e.g. whitepapers.
- Understand the complexities and nuances of the business to effectively articulate differentiation, advantages, functionality, and success stories.
- Contribute to RFPs and other inquiries of the sales team as necessary.
- 5+ years of consulting, solution definition, or product management experience in OTT video processing, OTT video distribution, OTT streaming systems, ad insertion, and ad management.
- Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in digital video ingestion, transcoding, analytics and ad serving concepts.
- Familiarity with OTT streaming and ad technology protocols, including HLS, DASH, VAST, SCTE-35, MRSS, etc.
- Familiarity with scripting, REST APIs, and networking technologies.
- Strong system management and cloud experience with AWS or other cloud services, scripting capability, analytics services (Tableau, Data Dog, ELK, etc.)
- Proven history of forging strong, long-lasting relationships with senior executives and operational leaders.
- Experience and successful track record in creatively presenting complex concepts in an easily digestible manner to cross-functional teams, including Sales, Product, Engineering, and Executives.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to travel, when the world returns to normal.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent.
- Location: US Remote
What We Offer
Wurl provides a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life/disability insurance, 4 weeks of paid time off, 10 paid holidays, 401(k), flexible schedules and HSA. We are a fun, creative and collaborative remote work environment, headquartered in Palo Alto, CA. We live our values everyday in how we work with one another and support our clients. Wurl is truly a unique place to learn, create and have a daily impact on millions of people every day.
Our promise to you
Few companies will allow you to thrive like you will at Wurl. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the industry’s brightest minds and most innovative thinkers. You will enjoy ongoing mentorship, and you will understand what we mean by “human connection.” You will be proud to say you’re a part of the company revolutionizing TV.