About Wurl, Inc.
Since 2017, Wurl has been on a mission to make TV better for everyone. Today, Wurl is the world leader in powering streaming TV. Our video distribution and advertising services reach over 250 million connected TVs, delivering hundreds of millions of hours of TV viewing and millions of individually targeted ads. Wurl’s innovative, market-leading technologies enable content companies, streamers, and advertising to continually reach new viewers and grow revenue.
Senior DevOps Engineer (Remote):
The world’s video viewing is migrating to the Internet … all of it. Wurl is making it happen. Our customers are the biggest media brands on the planet – including Legendary, Lionsgate, Jukin Media, BBC, NBC, Eleven Sports, Sony Animation. Every day, 24/7 our network delivers their live, linear and VOD programming to the world’s largest Internet-based video services - including Twitch, Roku, Sling, Samsung. Launched in October 2017, our company has quickly become the market leader in video delivery and monetization. We’re enabling distribution of the world’s best programming to the world’s biggest video services. We need your help.
We’re looking for an experienced DevOps engineer to join our engineering team.
- Ensure that systems are available for customers.
- Enhance the infrastructure to improve our ability to scale, become increasingly more automated with a goal towards self-healing systems.
- Acquire a comprehensive understanding of existing technical environments and the business' needs to help the company move faster with respect to delivering value to its customers.
- Participate in on call rotations, troubleshoot and restore system functionality, as needed.
- Manage increasingly large systems and collaborate with development teams to continuously improve product reliability.
- Other duties as the needs appear.
- 5+ years software development experience.
- 3+ years experience in Site Reliability Engineering and/or DevOps.
- The ability to work in a fast paced environment where long term goals vs short term 'get it done' tasks is a reality of a scaling business.
- Strong troubleshooting/debugging skills.
- Strong experience running production workloads in an AWS environment.
- Experience working in a collaborative environment with ability to listen to all viewpoints.
- Ability to communicate and describe problems and their resolutions to non-technical co-workers and customers.
- Production experience in designing, deploying and administering complex cloud applications.
- Solid experience developing, maintaining, and debugging applications built in Python, Ruby, Node.JS, or GoLang.
- Solid experience with automation and configuration management tools (e.g., Ansible).
- Experience with monitoring software and services (e.g, DataDog, Pingdom, PagerDuty).
- Linux Systems Administration.
- Internet and Cloud based software architecture.
- Experience with container technologies (e.g., docker).
- Able to collaborate and work with teams as well as independently with minimal supervision as needed.
- Distributed Version Control Software (e.g., git).
A Plus if you have
- Streaming video delivery experience.
- Knowledge of streaming video formats.
- Some experience with information security is helpful as customer's place their intellectual property in our hands and trust us to treat it accordingly.
- Excited to learn new things and share knowledge.
What We Offer
Wurl provides a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life/disability insurance, 4 weeks of paid time off, 10 paid holidays, 401(k), flexible schedules and HSA. We are a fun, creative and collaborative remote work environment, headquartered in Palo Alto, CA. We live our values everyday in how we work with one another and support our clients. Wurl is truly a unique place to learn, create and have a daily impact on millions of people every day.
Our promise to you
Few companies will allow you to thrive like you will at Wurl. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the industry’s brightest minds and most innovative thinkers. You will enjoy ongoing mentorship, and you will understand what we mean by “human connection.” You will be proud to say you’re a part of the company revolutionizing TV.