Marketing Communications Manager
(Palo Alto, CA)
Please send your resume to: email@example.com.
The world’s video is rapidly migrating to internet-based production and delivery. Wurl is the market leader in helping Video Producers distribute and monetize their content with scale, efficiency, and agility. Wurl enables leading digital-first Video Producers to create and manage linear channels, live broadcasts and on-demand content for distribution to mobile, PayTV, and OTT platforms around the world. Wurl is based in Palo Alto, CA (HQ) and has offices in Santa Monica, CA as well.
Marketing Communications Manager
Wurl is looking for an energetic and creative Marketing Communications Manager to join our fast-growing team and be our head brand ambassador. The MarCom Manager is responsible for brand messaging and content development, external communications, visual identity, and executing all outbound marketing initiatives. The ideal candidate for this position will have a passion for high-tech marketing and at least five years of experience in a marketing position. The role will report to the Chief Revenue Officer (CRO) and will be based in Palo Alto, CA.
- Develop and execute on an overall marketing communications plan that is in-line with company’s business goals.
- Work closely with Wurl leadership on targeting, placement and communications preparedness around key programs, activities, and events
- Lead copy writing and drive visual identity for marketing materials and campaigns to ensure information is accurate, compelling, and aligned with Wurl brand
- Create and/or edit press releases, case studies, white papers, web content, and any other marketing materials.
- Nurture relationships and document customer successes that build brand allegiance, boost word of mouth activity, and drive engagement and excitement for the Wurl brand
- Engage key bloggers, advocates, social media ambassadors, advertising customers, and marketing partners, leveraging their communities to produce a dynamic, passionate and ever-expanding global community to support user acquisition
- Write blog posts and articles and secure speaking engagements for the Wurl management team.
- Drive the content creation for a wide variety of social media activities such as blogging, community development and management, social bookmarking, commenting, Twitter feeds, Blogs, Social Media News Releases, Online Marketing/Advertising, and Online Newsrooms
- Work with product marketing, product management, sales and engineering to create and deliver new sales tools and company communication pieces.
- Develop and facilitate communication training and tools in conjunction with appropriate leadership, managers and staff to prepare and engage Wurl team members in proactive outreach opportunities
- Hire and manage any applicable marketing vendors, marketing automation tools, and other external resources.
Required Skills and Experience
- Excellent (verbal and written) communication skills with the ability to write both product and corporate content.
- Strong understanding of all marketing communication vehicles, with particular strength in content creation/writing, brand development, and lead generation campaigns.
- Excellent messaging and writing skills, with ability to understand and translate technical speak and product offerings into compelling benefit messages.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and managing outside agencies.
- Ability to prioritize and manage changing requirements and short timelines, as well as multiple overlapping projects simultaneously
- Five years of corporate marketing and communications experience. Experience in media preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, communications, or a related field. Advanced degree is a plus.
- Outstanding organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task.
- A motivated, highly productive, self-starter that is solutions focused
- Possesses a small company mindset with big company horsepower
- Proven ability to work independently and in team environments
- Detail-oriented, creative problem solver with strong analytical abilities
Submit your cover letter and resume to Wendy Landaverde, firstname.lastname@example.org